Yuruga Nursery is located in north Queensland, Australia, at the locality of Walkamin on the Atherton Tablelands, approximately 1 hour’s drive from Cairns.
The location is an excellent site for a production nursery, having the following important advantages:
- unlimited space – the nursery is situated on a 32 hectare rural block;
- unlimited water supply;
- climate –
- the perfect climate for plant production;
- warmth all year round, with short and very mild winters;
- growth and plant production all year round;
- relatively dry air with minimal fungal diseases;
- outside the cyclone belt;
- no frost or hail;
- clonal production cycles of 8-10 weeks compared with 20 weeks in southern Australia;
- clonal production all year round compared to November to March only in southern Australia.
- position on the main highway gives easy access for customers and freight companies;
- close to the major regional centres of Atherton and Mareeba, for staffing and supply of goods and services;
- only 1 hour from Cairns International Airport.